Part A – Introduction
2. Personal Information. “Personal Information” means any information that may be used to personally identify or contact an individual, including, but not limited to, first and last name, personal profile, address and email.
4. International Transfers. The Service is hosted on third party servers located in the United States. By using the Service, you agree that you are transferring Personal Information to the United States.
Part B – Collection and Use of Personal Information
5. For our Customers and Site Visitors.
5.1. How we receive and collect your Personal Information. We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
(i) Account. In order to use the Solution you are required to create an account (“Account”), and provide us with your name, email, and other information. If you are an entity, your employees may be required to create separate Accounts. If you create your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are responsible for the activity in your Account, and for keeping your password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to your Account. We may allow you to access your Account via third party log-in platforms, such as Gmail (each, a “Third Party Account“), although the use of Third Party Accounts is subject to the relevant third party’s information practices and may involve our access to your information (including Personal Information) in such Third Party Accounts.
(ii) Payments. The Service may include the option to purchase certain products or services from us. If you make such purchases, we will require information from you to complete the transaction. Such information may include Personal Information such as a credit card number and billing information. We may use third party service providers to process payments on our behalf. We do not control how such third party service providers use Personal Information they receive and you agree to be bound by such third parties’ privacy policies.
(iii) Blog, Newsletters, Surveys and Promotions. The Site contains a blog forum about the Service. The Site may also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters and participate in surveys and other promotional activities, which may require you to provide Personal Information.
(iv) ‘Contact Us’ and General Contact. If you send us a “Contact Us” request, email us, or contact us in any other way via the Service, you may be required to provide us with Personal Information.
5.2. The way we use your Personal Information.
We will use your Personal Information to (a) administer the Service; (b) improve or develop the Service and provide any related customization or maintenance services thereto; (c) personalize your experience and customize content while; (d) contact you; and (e) identify and authenticate your access to the Solution.
6. For End Users of our Customers.
6.1. How we receive and collect End User Personal Information and other Information. A CoolaData Customer will use, embed and install CoolaData’s, or its own, analytics tracking code (“Tracking Code“) on its, or a third party’s, blogs, events, social feeds, logs, web pages and/or applications that are linked to the Customer’s Account (each, a “Property“), as well as use other CoolaData tools and services. As a result, when an End User visits, uses and/or interacts with a Property, we receive a range of information about that End User (“End User Info“), including his/her Personal Information. It is the Customer (and not CoolaData) that decides, in its discretion, what End User Info will be made available to CoolaData via the Solution. As a Customer, you represent that (a) you have the necessary rights and permissions to install, embed and use the Tracking Code on your Properties and third party Properties for the purpose of collecting, using, and disclosing to CoolaData, the End User Info; and (b) you have explicitly made your End Users aware that Personal Information pertaining to them may be transferred to third parties (including CoolaData and our hosting providers) in various countries around the world, including the United States, and you have obtained their unambiguous consent to such transfers. You are also responsible for your own privacy practices and complying with relevant privacy laws.
6.2. The way we use End User Personal Information. We use the Personal Information of End Users to administer the Solution. The Solution uses End User Info to perform analyses and produce reports for our Customers about the activities, interactions and preferences of their End Users (“Analytics Data“), and makes the Analytics Data available to the Customer. Analytics Data we provide to our Customer will include and/or reference Personal Information of the End User.
7. Tracking Technologies. The Site may utilize “cookies” (small text files), log-files, web beacons and other tracking technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies“) to collect information about Site activity. Most browsers allow you to control and block Tracking Technologies.
8. Additional General Information On How We Use and Store Personal Information.
9. Anonymous Information. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated or demographic information, or information relating to interests and preferences. We may use Anonymous Information for any and all of the same reasons and purposes we use Personal Information, as well as to analyze trends, track movements, and present you with relevant ads that reflect your interests. We may also share Anonymous Information with third parties, such as advertisers, ad servers, ad networks, ad exchanges, and data aggregators (collectively, “Advertising Companies“), as well as participate in their programs and services. These Advertising Companies may use Tracking Technologies and such use is subject to their own privacy policies.
Part C – General
10. Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future Service-related emails from us by selecting an unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails that we send. We may still, however, respond to any “Contact Us” request as well as administrative emails that are connected to your use of the Service. Disabling or otherwise blocking certain Tracking Technologies may have the effect of restricting or delaying your use of the Service.
11. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide Personal Information, you may be unable to use certain parts of the Service.
12. Access to Information/Accuracy. We wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you have an Account you can log in and remove or modify your information. In general, if you would like to remove or modify any of your Personal Information, you may submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include adequate details to handle the request.
13. Links to Other Sites. The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We are neither responsible nor liable for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
14. Children’s Privacy. The Service is not structured to attract children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not intend to, nor knowingly, collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register or create any Account and please do not send us any information whatsoever about yourself. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
15. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy. If we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information that we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or similar event, we may not be able to control how Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
16. Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information that we collect, receive and store. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Last updated May 2014.